Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Watercolor Lifting

Hello everyone! Today I am sharing details about my card for our current 
 Challenge #147 - Buttons & Bows.
I used the Watercolor Lifting Technique at Splitcoaststampers for my card. Basically, you create a watercolor wash, emboss an image with VersaMark and Clear Embossing Powder, and then remove as much color as you like with more water and a brush or rag. It's such a fun look! I made my "wash" pretty deep hued, as I knew I would be taking a lot of the color off. The embossed images hold the depth of original color.

I added some Doodlebug Sequins to my flower middles, and then created a fun pleated ribbon center using the August Ribbon Club from Really Reasonable Ribbon, as well as Green Apple Baker's Twine in the center of my button.

Come play along at RRR!


1 comment :

  1. I have seen this technique done a few times but I must say your's is the best I've yet. You did such great job saturating the colors which really gave amazing contrast. Well done tfs!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say